Don’t be the person (or business) who always talks about themselves. Instead, about 80% of your posts should be about things that are valuable to your audience. The other 20% can be about your business but those posts should still be of interest to your audience. Figure out what your ideal demographic cares about and communicate those aspects of your business.
April | Chamber President
When it comes to business writing, never stress about the grades you got in high school English class. Those have nothing to do with your ability to write for your business. Today’s business writing focuses on building connections not formal, persuasive arguments. Think about it as a written conversation you’re having with clients or customers. It’s an ideal way to help them out and assist them in getting to know you better.
April | Chamber CEO
People buy from people they know, like, and trust. While you might be in the right place at the right time when someone is up against it, and they may buy from you once without knowing, liking, or trusting you, for them to return, you'll need more than luck.
Last week I watched a movie on General Patton, and it brought back memories of reading about his views on leadership. It's not surprising he was an inspirational leader, his job required that. The amazing thing about his thoughts on leadership was that he penned them as a cadet at West Point, long before he had led battalions.