Customer Service and SalesRepresentative
No phone calls, please!
This position is most critical in delivering superior customer service with the public and accurate input of data for accurate puppy progeny records. The position will also help develop revenue opportunities by up-selling new and current products and services.
1 year of previous work-related experience in customer service, sales or a combination of training, education, and experience.
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, and other office procedures and terminology. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Detailed in CSR Performance Standards documentation based on CSR Level.
This position has correspondences with customers within established Company rules, policies, and guidelines and should obtain the Supervisor’s authorization to react to deviations to standard policy.
This position is responsible to the Customer Service Manager and the general public. The position may also require occasional solicitation of information from mid-level employees.
Use of Computers, Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Working Directly with the Public, Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others, Monitor Processes, Materials or Surroundings, Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge, Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work, Getting, Processing Information, Documenting and Recording Information, Selling or Influencing Others, Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships, Judging the Qualities of Services, Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Rules and Standards, Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others, Training and Teaching Others, Making Decisions, Solving Problems and Making Recommendations, Identifying Objects, Actions and Events
MOST COMMON TASKS
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, cancel accounts, answer questions or to obtain details of complaints.
- Read source documents such as applications, canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data with source documents entered
- Solicit sale of additional services or products after helping the customer with original concern.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments
This position entails challenging aspects such as maintaining excellent coordination with multiple stakeholders, receiving consensus before taking action, adjusting to changing priorities and deadlines and dealing with upset customers.
KEY ITEMS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
Job requires attention to detail, dependability, cooperation, integrity, adaptability/flexibility, self control, independence, achievement/effort, concern for others, social orientation, stress tolerance, leadership, persistence, initiative, analytical thinking and innovation.
Please apply to this specific job online through our Indeed profile:
Alternatively, please email the completed generic employment application (linked below) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (225) 686-1545. The application may be filled in on a computer, but it must be signed. If you have a resume, please submit to the same point of contact.
No phone calls, please!
For more information on benefits, see our employment page.