Sales team member footwear
Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Work Experiences: Previous related work experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members
- Ability to connect build and engage with our customer base that bonds with friends, family and community through the challenge of sports and outdoors pursuits.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Provide prompt and friendly service to all customers.
- Drive sales through exceptional customer service skills, sales techniques and store knowledge to connect customers with the right products.
- Zone footwear merchandise; re-work footwear area to ensure store conditions are meeting or exceeding expectations through processes (such as recovery, mismate, etc.).
- Support customers in all segments of footwear with requests such as SKU or price lookups.
- Read, understand and follow company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adhere to company work hours, polices, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
- Duties may change and team members may be required to perform other duties or roles as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays needed.
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers), feel and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequently stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push, pull, talk, hear and lift up to 21 to 40 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance and lift 41 to 60 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See this position here.