Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Work Experiences: Previous related work experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and adapt to wide-ranging processes and procedures
- Excellent and engaging customer service through effective listening and speaking
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations, and comprehend instructions through proficient use of reading and writing
- Proficient in operating Computer (handheld or desktop), POS equipment and telephone
- Ability to learn and recall working knowledge of Academy’s products and services to analyze customer needs and provide assistance
- Provides consistent, prompt and friendly customer service in a variety of functions such as Merchandising, Receiving, Cashier, and Sales
- Cashier duties may include, but are not limited to
- Operate cash register for all transaction types including returns, credit applications, hunting and fishing licenses and sales.
- Zones merchandise and maintains merchandising guidelines; sets, stocks and maintains front end impulse racks and POGs.
- Perform housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash, stocking supplies and gathering shopping carts from parking lot.
- Receiving or Logistics duties may include, but are not limited to
- Unload merchandise from trucks and prepare return loads using receiving equipment or tools.
- Sorts and processes merchandise prior to placement on the sales floor.
- Places merchandise on racks or shelves.
- Verify conditions, style, SKU, PO #, quantity and serial numbers by packing list.
- Pack merchandise, prepare labels and complete required paperwork and data entry.
- Merchandising or Sales duties may include, but are not limited to
- Drive customer service through the integrity of merchandising and accuracy of store pricing and signage.
- Execute planogram, pricing and signage as part of weekly Merchandising and Marketing plans to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Zone merchandise and maintain merchandising guidelines; stocks impulse racks; sets and maintains impulse/front end POGS.
- Re-work apparel area and cover fitting rooms to ensure store conditions are meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Drive sales through exceptional customer service skills, sales techniques and store knowledge to connect customers to the right size, product location or product.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Reads, understands and follows company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Duties may change and team member may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance:
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel; frequently required to stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push and pull; occasionally required to balance
- Constantly lift up to 20 pounds; frequently lift 21 to 40 pounds and occasionally lift 41 to 60 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See this position here.