Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Mission is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. The Receiving Team Member, as part of our Logistics group, is responsible for receiving products into the stockroom and getting ready for placement on the sales floor quickly and safely. Through this important work, the Receiving Team Member impacts customer satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy’s Mission.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members
- Proficiently use equipment such as basic hand tools, receiving and cleaning equipment
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals
- Perform basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Unload merchandise from trucks and prepare return loads using receiving equipment and tools.
- Sorts and processes merchandise prior to placement on the sales floor.
- Places merchandise on racks or shelves.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of receiving area, removes trash and debris from sales floor.
- Performs housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash and spot mopping.
- Reads, understands and follows company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior.
- Duties may change and team members may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers), feel and lift up to 20 pounds
- Frequently stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push, pull, talk, hear and lift up to 21 to 40 pounds
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance and lift 41 to 60 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See the position here.