Asset protection team member
Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice preferred
- Minimum of 3 months of work experience in large format retail environment required, accountable for the safety and security of people and/or company assets
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus
- Demonstrated track record for engaging with customers in a polite and professional way
- Intuitive and timely recognition of merchandise availability in various areas of the store to direct customers as needed
- Ability to assist customers with EAS activations in a non-accusatory manner
- Exhibit calm presence when dealing with overall store safety or emergency response procedures
- Strong situational awareness and observation skills
- Complete required Loss & Asset Prevention training program upon assignment to position and is fully trained on all aspects of Academy’s shoplifting procedures
- Promptly engages customers upon entry and exit, and guide them to relevant departments for services and products or calling for Team Member assistance for carry-outs
- Maintain constant presence at entrance or front of store monitoring incoming and outgoing customer traffic, as a deterrent to theft
- Perform customer and team member exit inspections per the policy
- Tag returns merchandise upon entry and direct customers to customer service
- Identifies and communicates all suspicious activity to Manager-on-Duty to prevent potential theft using various tools and technology such as handheld radio
- Checks in and records all relevant information on Vendor and Corporate visitors in official Store Visitor’s Log
- Professionally reacts to customers at the doors should the alarm system start; obtains and documents key information for suspected thefts (merchandise, vehicle description, plate numbers, etc.)
- Responds with composure and partners with Manager during escalated situations including shoplifting, customer complaints, medical attention, emergency services (EMT-911-Police), parking lot incidents, weather, Code Adam, robberies, fires, EAS activities, etc.
- Accurately monitors and reports stolen, damaged, destroyed merchandise, theft, loss prevention and safety issues to management in a timely manner in the appropriate Store Log
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays based on business needs.
- Requires walking, standing, and is able to move and/or lift at least 30lbs
- Acceptable level of hearing, talking and vision to perform job duties
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See this position here.