Job location: Juban Crossing, Denham Springs, LA
The box office attendant is one of the most important roles in the building. Their interaction with the guest sets the tone for the rest of their Movie Tavern experience. It is of the utmost importance that the box office attendant welcome each guest to Movie Tavern with a smile and provide friendly and expedient service, thanking them for choosing Movie Tavern as they enter the theater.
The Greeter is an important communication tool for our guests. Remember, we have many first-time guests. It is important that the Greeter be available to provide information to guests as they enter the theater. When seating an auditorium the Greeter should smile and make the seating announcement in a clear voice using the microphone. The Greeter will be responsible for managing theater turns & insuring the lobby, hallways and restrooms are clean at all times. The Greeter will also serve as the telephone ambassador. This role is the general public’s first encounter with any Movie Tavern employee. The interaction on the phone may determine whether a guest visits Movie Tavern or not. Anyone who answers the phone automatically becomes the telephone ambassador, and it is important to be prepared for a number of questions.
One of the most important part of the Box Office & Greeter employees’ uniform is a SMILE.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide guests with a positive initial experience at Movie Tavern. This experience is created by aiding guests with accurate movie and pricing information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Movie tavern. This position is expected to work cohesively with all employees of Movie Tavern in maintaining an extreme level of guest service.
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Movie Tavern by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Accurately operate the Ticketsoft computer ticketing system to sell tickets for Movie Tavern.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
- Provide information regarding Movie Tavern movies and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
- Provide superior customer service to all guests.
- Assist with miscellaneous box office projects as directed.
- Capability of communicating positively with guests to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- Skill to handle cash responsibly and accurately.
- Ability to develop a growing knowledge of Ticketsoft.
- A door greeter welcomes visitors and guests as they arrive. S/he may also bid people farewell as they exit the premises. The job frequently requires box office /greeter to provide guests with information regarding hours of operation, theater locations, nearby businesses, public restroom facilities or any other questions guests may have.
- Greeters are responsible for handing menus to guests and provide direction or explain the Movie Tavern Experience.
- Although some greeter jobs are limited to greeting and saying good bye to guests, you will be required to keeping the front of the location clean and orderly, gathering menus and cleaning each after each use, provide theater seating spiels, and you may also be cross-trained to operate a cash register or assist guests with special needs.
A box office/ greeter needs to be in good physical shape to withstand long hours on his feet, often standing and walking on concrete or other hard surfaces. The job may require you to occasionally withstand inclement weather. Since you will interact with people of all ages and personality types, a box/greeter is required to be tolerant while conveying an authoritative attitude.
Apply for this position.